Herbal medicine like essential oils can be used to help the skin heal quicker and even respond better to plastic surgeries. Skin that has been prepared in advance with essential oils always gets better results in any surgery. Wounds and cuts heal more quickly, scar tissue is minimized and the production of vigorous new cells is sped up. In the case of nose surgery, which is one of the most common operations, the bruising disperses much more quickly. Essential oils are highly antiseptic acting to keep the tissues healthy and stop any secondary infection.
It is recommended to use essential oils before and after surgery for maximum benefits. Essential oils are more effective if used immediately after the scars have formed, though the oil should be applied only around the scar until a scab has formed. They can also help old scar tissue, though the process is then rather slower.
10 Essential Oils List that can help you with any surgery:
- Helichrysum oil – 3 or more months – anti-inflammatory, antifungal, and antibacterial properties
- Frankincense oil – 1 month – may improve skin tone and kill bacteria
- Geranium oil – 1 or more months – antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties
- Lavender oil -1 week – antibiotic, antioxidant, and antiseptic properties
- Carrot seed oil – 1 month – antibacterial and antifungal properties
- Cedarwood oil – 1 month – anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties; may treat acne
- Hyssop oil – 3 or more months – may help heal wounds, prevent infections, and reduce the appearance of wrinkles and acne scars
- Coconut oil – 10 days – may soften the skin and reduce inflammation
- Tea tree oil – 1 month – antiviral, antibacterial, and antifungal properties
- Almond oil – 1 month – contains vitamin E; may soothe and moisturize skin.
Face Surgery EO Blend:
– Mix 3% essential oils of juniper, lavender, and neroli in a jojoba base. Apply twice daily into the skin with a massaging motion. This face oil is best used before and after undergoing surgery. This facial oil can also be used for scarring from non-surgical procedures. I highly recommend you get this book in which the author details 400 essential oil profiles, including 4000 references, benefits, risks, and doses. It contains plenty of useful information on everything, from knowing how to purchase the right products, to what plant parts produce essential oils Dr. Z is a very passionate and effective teacher.