Acidity or heartburn is known to not spare anybody from its claws. Most of the adults suffer from it during some point in their lives. Acidity is caused when there is an over-production of acid in the stomach. It is the main cause of stomach ulcers, bad breath, stomach ache, nausea etc. It leaves an after taste in the mouth and leaves a sharp sensation between your ribs that radiates to your heart; that’s why, it is also known as heartburn.
Many people have confessed to have succumbed to acidity and that it has changed their lives for the worse. They have claimed to have tried all kinds of medicines that provide quick relief from gas and acidity but to no use. What they don’t understand is that irrespective of many products known to provide fast relief from acidity, it is of utmost importance to make a few changes to your lifestyle in order to eradicate this forever.
As the saying goes, “Charity begins at home”, the treatment for acidity also starts from your kitchen and herb garden.
How you ask? Here are a few ways and ingredients that can help you vanquish acidity from your life.
1. Water: Due to its neutral pH Balance, water is the ambrosia that helps you neutralize the pH balance in your stomach. It reduces the acid level in the stomach and guards the stomach lining from getting damaged; thus, leading to ulcers and acidity. It is advisable to drink a glass of lukewarm water before you sleep and after waking up in the morning. Do not drink water during meals.
2. Holy Basil leaves: Wash few leaves of the Holy Basil as soon as you feel a sharp sensation below your sternum or experience a sour/bitter after taste in your mouth. This is a way of body reacting to bouts of acidity. Holy Basil or ‘Tulsi’ has many medicinal qualities and fighting acidity is one of them.
3. Cinnamon: Take cinnamon powder and boil it in some water. Simmer for a minute and strain it. It will start looking like tea liquor. Have that without adding anything and you will notice a change. It works as a natural antacid and helps in treating flatulence too.
4. Apple Cider Vinegar: although, it is acidic in nature, Apple Cider Vinegar has an alkalizing effect on the stomach lining. Having two teaspoons of this with a cup of water two times a day.
5. Buttermilk: Also known as ‘Chaach’; a glass buttermilk with a teaspoon of roasted cumin powder mixed with roasted fenugreek seeds powder and coriander paste will give you relief as well as having it regularly will eradicate the acidity problem from your life.
Acidity is a serious lifestyle problem amongst most of us. It is very crucial to be meticulous in its management. It is important to make the aforementioned tips a part of your life and you will be liberated from the chains of acidity for good.
Would you like to be a herbalist? I highly recommend you to buy “The Lost Book of Herbal Remedies” which includes more than 800 beneficial plants and remedies, including recipes of tinctures, teas, decoctions, essential oils, syrups, salves, poultices, infusions, and many other natural remedies being used by humans for hundreds of years and researched by Dr. Nicole Apelian. What’s also special about this book is that it has between 2 and 4 high definition, color pictures for each plant, and detailed identification guidelines to make sure you’ve got the right plant.
Natural remedies are nature’s gift, used by humans for thousands of years to heal and grow. I highly recommend the book called “Backyard Healing Herbs” which has a recap of more than 250 years of pharmacy research, with a comprehensive list of powerful all-natural remedies for hundreds of illnesses with herbs you can grow at home.