If you have hemorrhoids, a sitz bath can help you reduce them and speed your recovery.
- Fill a tub with warm or hot water. Use the temperature that will not irritate your hemorrhoids. Fill it so water reaches your hips or stomach, 6-8 inches.
- Add your sitz bath salts. I use one made with natural ingredients, including Juniper & Niaouli (take a look)
- Add 20-22 drops of Juniper essential oil (you can buy it here)
- Add also 20-22 drops of lavender essential oil (buy it here)
- Stir the oils with your hand and then sit in the bath with your knee raised for 10-15 minutes. This position helps to bring more blood into your hemorrhoid area, which brings in more nutrients and to pulls out toxic waste. Try to do it daily.
- After 15 minutes, take a shower with water as cold as you can take.
- After the sitz bath and shower, you can use one a herbal ointment directly on your hemorrhoids and leave it on overnight. Thena Natural Wellness has a herbal cream with a mix of Organic Avocado Oil, Organic Coconut Oil, Organic Lavender Oil, Organic Grapefruit Essential Oil, Canola Oil, Organic Olive Oil, Vitamin E, Organic Arnica Extract, Cera Alba (Beeswax White), and many other medicinal herbs and works very good with the sitz bath salts we recommended in this post. (buy here)
Sitz bath using Shepherd’s Purse
The herb Shepherd’s Purse can be used in a sitz bath. This herb is useful in treating hemorrhoids by reducing,
- Internal and external bleeding
- Reducing blood pressure
- Relieving hemorrhoids
- Repairing wounds
- Reducing prolapsed rectum
Here’s how to use it,
Place 1 oz of shepherd’s purse in two quarts of distilled water and let it sit for 12 hours. In the morning or evening, boil this mixture for 2-3 minutes and then strain it. Pour the liquid into your sitz tub or into a full bathtub. Stay in the tub for around 20 minutes.
Fighting Hemorrhoids with Witch Hazel and a Basin
Prepare a small tub, container or basin that you can sit in and add some warm distilled water. Add 1/4 cup of witch hazel liquid to the water. Sit in the small tub as long as you can and do it as often as you can. This will relieve your hemorrhoids in 3 to 4 days.
0r, you can freeze witch hazel into a small ice cube, then wrap them with cheesecloth and press them against your hemorrhoids for 10-15 minutes every hour. This will reduce the pain and swelling of your hemorrhoids.
Use the sitz bath only for the time you need to eliminate or get relief from your hemorrhoids. Remember that using herbs longer than necessary can cause the condition you’re trying to eliminate.